Sunday, June 7, 2015

BY THE ZOMBIFIED HORNS OF ISHTAR (VENUS)!



BY THE ZOMBIFIED HORNS OF ISHTAR (VENUS)!



(Okay, I know this isn't Ishtar, it's a bust of Nefertiti I'm restoring).

In my last post I mentioned that Mercury and Venus go through phases like our own moon. Here's a video Venus in about a half, but horned crescent phase that I took with a cellphone through a telescope back in April 2012. I mumbled the word 'Venus' into the microphone: 








The Mesopotamians/Babylonians/Assyrians knew that Venus (Ishtar the Queen of the Night) had horns sometimes. That's pretty astute viewing that ancients accomplished. 

In many ancient texts Venus/Ishtar threatens to raise all the dead so they can eat the living! High up, a changing, mysterious glowing god-menacing doom, destruction and devouring. 






Kitty would devour all the living, but she can't find a chair tall enough -meow!