Friday, August 11, 2017

Stellated Icosahedron Kite




Stellated Icosahedron Kite



Just a quick update to my paper polygon post (http://michaellogusz.blogspot.com/2015/05/paper-polygons-and-rosetted-logusz-cube.html) with a toothpick and rubber tubing Icosahedron.

It was something fun to do while waiting for my pyrolytic graphite and 80uci Am-241 radioisotope to arrive. Yes 80 not 0.80, eighty micro curies of beefy alpha radiation to feed my polyethylene neutron oven.












So, I decided to make a box kite out of it.







With the scraps I made a teeny tiny box kite.



Fold the edges over.






There is a fascinating biopesticide that uses a virus occluded in a polyhedron shaped crystal. It's called Nuclear polyhedrosis virus (npv). It mechanically reproduces in beetle bodily fluids.


Oh no!